- Getting Started
- Terrain Data
- Theories of Terrain Deformation
- Theories of Image Distortion
- Wiki Edit
- Website Credits/Impressum
osgVisual is splitted in several modules to allow flexible compositions regarding the required features of the software project. To learn how thes modules interact, read the Architecture wiki page.
The following two section give an introduction to modules which require special attention.
visual_core is the core module of the visual system. It provides methods for initializing and shutdown of the visual system. All other modules are loaded and initialized in visual_core, so only this class must be instantiated in void main().
Proprietary /Third Party modules
osgvisual provides interface classes to external toolkits. To use this Toolkit, the potentially required license must be obtained seperately. The following modules are possible to use in osgVisual:
- Silverlining by Sundog Soft : Sky framework which provides:
- multiple cloud type renderung
- distance fading
- atmosphere from space rendering
- star rendering
- daylight dependend scene lighting.
- Vista2D by Wetzel Technology:
- rendering Vista2D project files as onto the screen or into the scene (2D/3D) [prototype status, high framerate impact]
- Simul Weather by SIMUL software technology [planned]:
- rendering clouds, precipitation, lighting and lightning in HDR
Cross plattform availability
The following table shows which Modules are available on which operation system:
|module||Windows||Linux||Iface 3rd Party|
|extLink VCL||X||-||closed Source|
|cluster ASIO||not fin.||not fin.|
|cluster ENet (UDP)||X||X|
|draw3D||not fin.||not fin.|
|Space Nav camera manip.||X||-|
Some of these modules are not finally implemented. Some of the "windows only" modules can be extended to linux by spending some time in it. Feel free :)
How to learn about modules
To learn how a specific module works, read the module page. You can find it in the menu at the right side of this page in the submenu "Modules". Additionally you can read the Doxygen documentation to learn about the available c++ interfaces.